The Air Sweeper is a defense that shoots blasts of air at Air Troops. Although it deals no damage, it pushes back air troops, giving other defenses more time to take down these troops.
It cannot harm ground-based units, or interfere with them in any way other than potentially distracting them from attacking a more valuable target (e.g. the Town Hall).
Defensive Strategy of the Air Sweeper
- It can only shoot blasts of air in a 120-degree radius, so make sure to have it face the side of the base which is most likely to be attacked by Air Troops.
- The level 6 Air Sweeper is capable of holding back a clump of balloons (any level) for an extremely long time, provided there is nothing else in range of the Air Sweeper. Use this fact to cover areas of your base you want to especially defend against balloons.
- Have the side that is not covered by the Air Sweeper heavily defended by anti-air defenses such as Air Defenses and Archer Towers if possible. Players may choose not to attack from the side the Air Sweeper is covering and attack from the opposite side – if the side not covered by the Air Sweeper is heavily defended by other anti-air defenses the attack may be defeated quickly and this can lead to a defensive victory.
Offensive Strategy of the Air Sweeper
- Air Sweeper can only cover a certain angle, so take advantage and attack buildings that are not covered by the Air Sweeper.
- It can only push your troops back a certain distance (dependent on the Air Sweeper’s level).
- Slow air troops like Balloons will be devastated most by this defense as it will take a relatively long time for them to return to the building it was targeting. Combat this temporarily by using a Rage Spell to speed them up.
- A Level 1 Air Sweeper can be destroyed by 2 level 4 or higher Lightning Spells or 3 Lightning Spells of level 3 and below. A maximum-level Air Sweeper can be destroyed by 3 Lightning Spells of level 3 or higher.
- It can be distracted by Dragons, Healers or Minions, which can give more time for any other troops to destroy it.
- Even though the Air Sweeper covers a 120-degree radius, it can only fire blasts of air that cover a 30-degree angle. If you are going head-on against an Air Sweeper with Air Troops it is recommended to deploy them in a semicircle formation if possible to minimize the effect of the Air Sweeper.
Air sweeper stats
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Level||Push Strength||Hitpoints||Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|1||1.6 tiles||750||500,000||1 day||293||6|
|2||2.0 tiles||800||750,000||3 days||509||6|
|3||2.4 tiles||850||1,250,000||5 days||657||7|
|4||2.8 tiles||900||2,400,000||7 days||777||8|
|5||3.2 tiles||950||4,800,000||8 days||831||9|
|6||3.6 tiles||1,000||7,200,000||9 days||881||10|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted|
|1-15||5s||None (Knockback Only)||Air|