The first troop that is unlocked in clash of clans. It is a very versatile troop that can be used in many strategies.
At low level they are often forgetten due to their low strength but on high level they are the main troop in the army of a lot of players.
For beginners they are very popular in combination with archers, they can farm loads of gold and elixir. Due to there shot building time your army is ready to attack again very fast.
Be carefull with splash damage though, wizard towers and mortars can take out groups of barbarians very fast. It is better to use a few giants as meat shield or use some wall breakers.
Appearance of the Barbarian
Offensive Strategy With Barbarian
- Easy targets are bases that have their gold mines and elixir pumps lines up outside the base. Just draw a line of barbarians and then a line of archers to loot all what’s in it.
- Don’t spawn them all at once, they are weak against splash damage.
- Giants are often used as meat shield for splash damages.
- If you want to break down a wall be sure to place one barbarian first. When this barb is hitting the wall, deploy the rest and they will attack the same spot.
- Spreading is the key word.
- If you have taken out splash damage with let say Giants or other troops you can spawn a big group of barbarians to take the base out fast.
- They attack the closest building next to them.
- Place one barbarian by a builders hut in the corner to save time. If a mortar is exposed, place one barbarian next to it to destroy it. The mortars range is outside this area.
- You can use them in a swarm to easily take out an barbarian king or archer queen.
Defense Strategy With Barbarian
- Barbarians are great for defensing because they have a high health compared to their housing space. They can delay attacking troops and you can house a lot of them in a clan castle.
Fun facts about the Barbarians
- It is the cheapest troop in the game.
- You can have a maximum of 240 barbarians in maxed out army camps. You can fit another 35 extra in a maxed out clan castle. If you have a level 40 barbarian king you can summon 10 extra barbarians.
- It has the highest health of all tier 1 troops, it has the most damage (only the goblin haves more against resource buildings) .
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|Any||Melee (Ground Only)||1||20s||16||1s||1||0.4 tiles|
Barbarian upgrade and training cost
|Level||Damage per Second||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|