The dragon is the most dangerous flying unit is can attack air and ground targets. The dragon spits out fire that hits the targets and does also some splash damage. This is only noticeable to small ground troops like the barbarian or archer.
The dragon has no preferred target to attack. It simply attacks the nearest target.
Appearance of the dragon
Offensive Strategy with the dragon
- The most used strategy is to take out the air defenses first. because they do high damage against dragons. Most people use Giants to take out the air defenses and then deploy their dragons.
- You can also use balloons to take out the air defenses. Balloons go after defending buildings and the dragons act as meat shield to protect the balloons. This strategy is effective but very costly.
- Dragons are mostly used in clan wars and for trophy hunting because they cost a lot of elixir.
Defensive Strategy with Dragons
- Dragons are strong troops, it is difficult to defend against them. High level Air defense is almost always needed to destroy them. Be sure to place your air defense after the primary defenses, otherwise your opponent can take them out very easily.
- They are great as clan castle troop. Most ground troops cannot attack them. With his splash damage it can take out large groups of troops in a quick way. The opponent needs multiple archers or wizards to destroy your dragon.
Fun Facts about the dragon
- You can have a total of 12 dragons in maxed out army camps. Then you can add an other 1 if your clan castle is as least level 3. This makes a powerful army.
- It is a robot.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|None||Area Splash 0.3 Tile Radius (Ground and Air)||20||30m||16||1.5s||9||3 tiles|
Dragon research and training cost
Dragon strategy video
This video contains an effective dragon attack strategy. Watch it below.