He is fast to train and it preferred target are the defenses. Just like the giant it is often used as meat shield.
He is often referred as MR. T character of the popular A-Team series.
Appearance of the Hog Rider
Offensive strategy with the hog rider
- Because it can jump over walls you can use it to take out strategic buildings like the air defense or splash damage defenses.
- They are an good follow-up to use instead of giants, they are twice as fast have almost the same damage and do more damage.; It can be effective to use them as meat shield and raid the village with wizards or barbarians.
- They are even more durable with the healing spell if the defending buildings are close together.
- You can use an “hog rider only attack”. Where you rush the base from different sides with groups of hog riders. This can be effective but is also very expensive in dark elixir.
Defensive Strategy with the hog rider
- It is hard to defend against hog riders. Walls do not have any influence on them. But when they are over walls they are vulnerable to the inner defenses because they are not distracted by the outer defenses that are attacking other troops that can’t jump over walls.
- They are not the best troops to have in your clan castle but due to their fast movement speed and high damage they can be useful. Especially if you clanmates don’t wan’t to donate elixir troops.
Fun Facts about the hog rider
- He looks like Mr. T.
- You can have a maximum of 48 hog riders in your maxed out army camp. You can have another extra 7 if your clan castle is maxed out.
- They are the only ground unit that doesn’t is affected by walls.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Dark Barracks Level Required||Range|
|Defenses||Melee (Ground Only)||5||2m||24||1s||2||0.6 tiles|
Research and training cost of the hog rider
|Level||Damage per Second||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|
Hog Rider raid video
This video shows you an good raid strategy with the hog riders.