The Lava Hound is the newest troop in Clash of Clans. It is announced in the September 2014 update.
Supercell announced the lava hound as tank unit, it will attack the nearest air defenses and acts like a flying golem. It does have massive health but does low damage. It can be used as distraction just like the golem.
It’s favorite target is air defense. That means it will fly straight to the air defenses and tries to destroy them. When the air defenses are gone it goes after other defensive buildings. It has a movement speed of 20 sec and a attack speed of 2 sec.
When they are level 3 they have the highest hit points in the game: 6.700! They take up 30 spaces in the army camp.
Lava hound looks
Lava hound attack strategy
- Use them as meat shield for air units. Deploy a lava hound first, then deploy dragons, minions or balloons. The defenses will attack the lava hound which gives your other air troops room to attack.
- Watch out for inferno towers set on single target, they destroy a lava hound very quick.
Defending against the lava hound
- Set your inferno tower to single target. It will do great damage to the lava hound.
- The seeking mine can deal a good amount of damage (1.500~2.100 hitpoints).
- Spread your air defenses!
Lava hound training and upgrading costs
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per attack||Lava Pups Spawned (After Death)||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|