The minion is the first troop unlocked in the dark barracks. It is fast and cheap and a weak flying troop.
You need dark elixir to train the minion, it’s attack is the spitting of dark elixir. It cannot be attacked by mortars and cannons because it is a flying unit. It can be hit with air defense and air bombs, they are destroyed very easily!
Seeking air mines do not attack the minion, but watch out for air bombs because they still can attack it!
Appearance of the minion
Offensive Strategy With The Minion
- They can be destroyed by a single air bomb. A good way to tackle this is to place a few minions in the corners to let them go off. And them deploy a bunch of them.
- You can use Giants as meat shield to protect the minions.
- They are very cheap and take only 2 housing spaces, they are also very fast to train. This makes them ideal for group raiding strategies.
- Just like the balloon, the minion is very effective in the single player campaign. Just take out all the buildings that attack it with giants and then finish the building with a single minion.
- You can take out buildings that are only defended by ground defenses like the mortar and cannon easily. Because they cannot attack the minion.
Defensive Strategy with the Minion
- Air defense, wizard towers, x-bows and archer towers all attack the minion.
- They are also good in your clan castle, they attack all troops but only can be attacked by dragons, archers and wizards.
- Air bombs work extremely well against minions. They take out a lot in once if they are deployed together.
Fun Facts about the minion
- It is not used by a lot of players, although it is a good troop.
- You can have a max of 120 minions if your army camps are maxed out. You can add another 17 if your clan castle is maxed.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Dark Barracks Level Required||Range|
|None||Ground & Air||2||45s||32||1s||1||2.75 tiles|
Minion research and training cost
|Level||Damage per Second||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|
Minion strategy video
Balloon and minion attack video. This video explains the best attack with minions combined with balloons.