The mortar is one of the most valuable defense. It shoots explosive bombs at any troops that come into it’s range. They deal high splash damage and are very effective against groups of low health troops like the archer, barbarian or goblin. The mortar can only attack ground troops.
They shoot a bomb every 5 seconds and have a high range of fire. The mortar has an blind spot of 4 tiles, if a enemy is in these tiles the mortar can’t attack. This makes it weak for close enemies.
The shells take 1 second to land on the opponent, fast troops like the goblin can dodge them easy if they move between the mortar strikes.
Appearance of the mortar
Defending Strategy with the mortar
- It is wise to place the mortar near the center of your village so the attacking troops can’t reach it easy. That way they can keep bombing the attacking troops.
- The mortar can kill a archer with a single hit if they have the same level; a level 1 mortar can single kill a level 1 archer and so on.
- It is wise to place the mortars and wizard tower close to each other. But put them behind different walls so they can’t be taken out by destroying 1 wall.The wizard tower protects the mortars blind spot.
- An effective strategy of the mortars is by using them in a triangle, that way they can fire all at the same target what makes them very effective.
Attacking the mortar
- If a mortar is behind a wall destroy that first. Then you can attack it with fast troops like the barbarian. Once they are in the blind spot they are safe. If it is defended by an wizard tower it is wise to use giants as meat shield or to destroy it.
- If you want to deploy large groups of troops like the barb, be sure to place them in groups. That way they don’t are killed by a few mortar shots.
- If a mortar is not defended by a wizard tower, archer tower or any other defense that targets air units. Then you can take it out with a balloon, dragon or minion with ease.
- You can also place one giant as meat shield near to it and then a circle of archers. Then you don’t have to destroy the walls. The group of archers takes the mortar out fast.
- You can take out mortars with a couple of lighting spells, depending on their level. This costs a lot of elixir tough.
Fun facts about the mortar
- If you destroy a total of 25 mortars during the multiplayer battles you receive the “mortar mauler” award. If you destroy 500 mortars you receive 2 stars and if you destroy 5.000 mortars during multiplayer battles you receive 3 stars. In total you receive 35 gems.
- If the mortar shells hit the ground your screen will shake.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted||Size|
|4-11||5s||Splash – 1.5 tiles||Ground||3×3|
Mortar research and building cost
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Shot||Hitpoints||Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
Int his video the mortars are destroyed by giants using healers.