The wizard does not have much health, so it is easy destroyed. Most players use Giants as meat shield to protect the wizards.
Due to their low damage they are vulnerable to point defenses. They can attack a few splash damage waves.
They are the most effective when placed in groups. But some people use them in smaller numbers against low level players.
Appearance of the Wizard
Offensive Strategy With Wizard
- Wizards are often used with Giants or P.E.K.K.A’s as meat shield to balance their low health. But be careful, wizards can still be damaged by splash damage.
- Barbarians can also be used as cheap meat shields.
- They can attack over walls, sometimes you can place them outside a mortar or wizard tower range.
- They are good in taking out defenses, they do very high damage and take a cannon out with ease.
- They are also very effective against clan castle troops. They do a high splash damage what results in killing many attackers in once.
- A good strategy is to send 2 healers with a group of wizards, that way point defenses and splash damage can’t kill them and. Watch out for air defenses.
- You must watch out for Giant Bombs and spring traps as they can take out many wizards at once. Deploying them more spread can help.
Defensive Strategy With Wizards
- They are very good at defending in a clan castle. They attack the enemy behind walls. If a wizard is noticed by an attacking troop it will attack the wizard, even if it must destroy a wall first.
- They do splash damage which is great against goblins, archers and barbarians.
Fun Facts about the Wizard
- You can have 60 archers plus 8 if you max out your camps and clan castle.
- The wizard tower also houses a wizard. You do not need to train or unlock a wizard to use it.
- The wizard is the first unit used in the game due to the tutorial. In the real game it takes a while for unlocking it.
- High level player use them instead of archers, because a archer can be killed in a single hit.
- The wizard does have the highest damage compared to housing space.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range|
|None||Area Splash 0.3 Tile Radius (Ground & Air)||4||8m||16||1.5s||7||3 tiles|
Wizard research and training cost
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|
Wizard tutorial video
In this video the wizard and healer strategy is explained. It is very effective to raid villages.