Balloons are slow moving air objects that drops bombs on buildings. They are “promoted” wall breakers that attack from an hot air balloon. They don’t die after attack like the wallbreakers. The bombs deal slash damage on the ground units.
The balloon is taken down very easily by air defenses so make sure to take them out before deploying them. The balloon targets defensive buildings first. When a balloon is destroyed, it explodes and deals some additional damage.
Appearance of the Balloon
Offensive Strategy With Balloons
- They are very valuable in the single player campaign. Simply take out the air defenses and deploy a single balloon. The balloon then takes out every building because you have all the time in the single player missions.
- In multiplayer the time is limited, so take out the air defenses first and then deploy groups of balloons.
- You can use dragons as meat shield for your balloons.
- Clan castle troops like the archers, minions, wizards and dragons target the balloons too.
- Balloons are very fragile, so take out any defense that targets the air. Like the wizard tower, archer tower and air defense.
- It is not advisable to take down air defenses with balloons, due to their slow movement they are usually taken out before they can attack.
- With the rage spell they become a lot faster. And thanks to their high damage they destroy quick.
- Some villages don’t have air defenses. Balloons are the ideal unit for them.
- Wizard towers and hidden tesla’s do mayor damage against balloons.
Defensive Strategy With Balloons
- To defend against balloons it is wise to spread out your air defenses. It takes a lot of archers to take balloons out. Dragons and minions take the balloons out very fast.
- Balloons are a good defense unit. If the attackers uses only ground attacking troops they can take them all out. Due to its splash damage they are best for defensing barbarians, archers and goblins.
Fun Facts about the Balloons
- Wall breakers are the balloon pilots.
- They are the slowest moving troop in the game.
- Level 6 balloons do more damage then a level 1 PEKKA -> Cool!
- The balloon cannot attack itself.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Housing Space||Training Time||Speed||Attack Speed||Barracks Level Required||Range||Death Damage Radius|
|Defenses||Area Splash 1.2 Tile Radius (Ground Only)||5||8m||10||4s||6||0.5 tiles||1.2 tiles|
Balloon research and training costs
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints||Training Cost||Research Cost||Laboratory Level Required||Research Time|
Balloon Strategic video
Balloonion strategy video.