Walls are a barrier that you can place in your village. Multiple wall will interconnect and form a line of defense. They can deal with a great kind of damage and keeps enemies out of your base.
If there is a gap in a wall it is useless. Troops will simply walk thru the gap.There is the possibility to funnels troops to traps you place is strategic places.
Air units are not effected by walls, they simply fly over it. Also the hog rider can jump over walls.
Walls can be taken down by wall breakers, these troops will suicide bomb the walls.
How the walls look in different levels
Defensing with walls
- It is not recommended to surround your base with 1 big wall. Once the enemy breaks trhu it can take your whole village down with ease.
- Double walls are useless, a wall breaker deals splash damage and breaks both walls.
- Make sure the enemy can’t spawn troops behind your walls.
- Wall breakers only attack walls that fully or partially enclose other buildings.
- Archers and wizards can shoot over walls, not important buildings can be used as buffer.
- Buildings, rocks and trees don’t close a wall!
- The edge of the map does not act as a barrier, if you don’t place walls the enemy can deploy troops!
- It is wise to protect your town hall, elixir/gold storages and clan castle. Buildings like the army camps, dark barracks, laboratory, spell factory and the builders hut are often placed outside the wall. Attacking these structures have almost no effect.
Attacking the walls
- Look for gaps or walls that have a lower level then others.
- Make sure you sent some troops with the wall breakers, they are easy to take out.
- If there is a gap or open space behind a wall there are often placed traps.
- If you have destroyed a piece of wall, wall breakers will go after other buildings enclosed by walls.
Fun facts about the walls
- They are extremely expensive.
- In the beginning of the game it is wise to upgrade your defenses first and then the walls.
- A level 11 wall costs a total of 8.821.200 gold to build and upgrade.
- A level 11 wall can still be taken down by 3 level 6 wall breakers.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
Wall building and upgrading cost
|Level||Cost||Cumulative Cost||Hitpoints||Town Hall Level Required|
How many wallbreakers do you need?
Wall upgrade video
A video about a guy that spends 29 million gold on upgrading walls.